CAROLE JOHNSTONE

British Fantasy Award Winner 2014; 3x British Fantasy Award Nominee

Friday, 17 April 2009

Hello!

So, my first blog.
I am a thirty-something writer of SF. Horror/Dark Fiction mostly, although I might have created a few fantasy worlds along the way: places that are okay to visit once in a while, but I wouldn't live there if you paid me (and the chances of that are pretty slim...)
I have worked for the NHS for over a decade, reserving my dirty habit for evenings and weekends, when the lure of the pub is not too great.
I sold my first story to the fantastic Black Static in Feb 2008, and since then have actively tried to pull my finger out: setting up a website (please have a look-see), and subbing to within an inch of my life. So far nearly a dozen acceptances vs a shed-load of rejections. Social life - what social life?

No comments:

Post a Comment