CAROLE JOHNSTONE

British Fantasy Award Winner 2014; 3x British Fantasy Award Nominee

Thursday, 9 October 2014

Black Static #41 and #42



I keep forgetting to post about these, and I don't know why; it's not as if I'm so innundated with acceptances and the like that I've no time to mention them. Although, I am very lazy...

My short story, Equilibrium, appeared in Black Static #41, and it was a bit of a departure for me. I wanted to write a very physically dark story about the ways in which other people change you: in this particular case, for both the worse and the bettter (though I hasten to add that I'm no great advocate of the latter either). Although it was, on the surface at least, about domestic violence, other people's responses to it surprised me a great deal. But that's for another post, I think...

Black Static #41 available as a back issue here

And in Black Static #42, Pete Tennant reviewed my short story collection (a brilliant excerpt here), The Bright Day is Done, and subjected me to the most detailed and probing (and hugely enjoyable) interview that I think I've ever had. Pages and pages of me! Sometimes a little too much of me for my own comfort; I was perhaps a wee bit too forthcoming in places - not to mention the huuugest photo of my fizog ever printed. It gave me a terrible fright anyway...

Black Static #42 is available here



No comments:

Post a Comment